    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] FUSD v1.00: Framework for User-Space Devices
    Pavel Machek writes:
    >Hi!
    >
    >> Sorry to follow-up to my own post. A few people pointed out that
    >> v1.00 had some Makefile problems that prevented it from building.
    >> I've released v1.02, which should be fixed.
    >
    >This should be forwared to linmodem list... Killing all those
    >binary-only modem drivers from kernel modules would be good
    >thing... Hmm, and maybe we can just hack telephony API over ltmodem
    >and be done with that. That would be good.
    > Pavel

    Hi,

    Perhaps I don't understand how linmodems work to understand well
    enough how FUSD would apply - do you talk to linmodems through the
    serial driver? If so, sounds like a good application - but we might
    still have the same problem with binary-only drivers as the
    user-to-kernel message format used by FUSD may change over time.
    (Indeed, it's already changing relative to v1.0 in response to
    some of the mail I've gotten in the past few days.)

    Best,
    Jer

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.026 / U:0.612 seconds]