    SubjectNo love for the PPC
    I'm sorry about the tone of this e-mail, but it is somewhat painful when,
    after downloading a new kernel to play with, it doesn't compile on the
    ppc. It isn't even big problems either. A single line (#include
    <linux/pm.h>) is missing from pc_keyb.c and has been for at least three
    -ac releases. Now, process.c in arch/ppc/kernel/ dies from an undeclared
    identifier (init_mmap).

    I'm sure the appropriate response would be to fix them myself, but I don't
    know enough about the kernel or the ppc arhitecture. I'm also sure that
    if Theo (or anyone like him) was to read this s/he would tell me to stop
    whining.

    Anyway, the real question is, why does the ppc arhitecture /always/ break
    between versions?

    I'll stop complaining now.

    Regards,
    -Mike

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.029 / U:0.228 seconds]