    SubjectRe: crc32 cleanups
    I like it.  I even had local patches that did something similar,
    creating lib/crc32, but it never got to the polished stage. Donald
    Becker had also suggested at the 2.5 kernel summit that the ether_crc
    stuff become generic code, so your code here follows along well with
    that plan. So, after some testing, I'm definitely interested in these
    patches (at least as they related to net drivers).

    WRT initialization, I would suggest refcounting: driver calls
    init_crc32 at module load time, and cleanup_crc32 at module removal
    time. When the first reference appears, the desired poly table
    is initialized. When the last reference disappears, the poly table
    is kfree'd. I considered other initialization scenarios but this seems
    to be the cleanest.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:08    [W:0.036 / U:30.476 seconds]