    SubjectRe: [PLEASE-TESTME] Zerocopy networking patch, 2.4.0-1

    On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Stephen Frost wrote:

    > Now, the interesting bit here is that the processes can grow to be
    > pretty large (200M+, up as high as 500M, higher if we let it ;) ) and what
    > happens with MOSIX is that entire processes get sent over the wire to
    > other machines for work. MOSIX will also attempt to rebalance the load on
    > all of the machines in the cluster and whatnot so it can often be moving
    > processes back and forth.

    then you'll love the zerocopy patch :-) Just use sendfile() or specify
    MSG_NOCOPY to sendmsg(), and you'll see effective memory-to-card
    DMA-and-checksumming on cards that support it.

    the discussion with Stephen is about various device-to-device schemes.
    (which Mosix i dont think wants to use. Mosix wants to use memory to
    device zero-copy, right?)

    Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.023 / U:31.544 seconds]