    SubjectRe: The advantage of modules?
    Date
    Dan Hollis writes:
    > On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Russell King wrote:
    > > I don't believe that is what it's trying to say. There have been instances
    > > in the past where unplugging a SCSI device from a powered on SCSI bus can
    > > result in blown terminator power fuses and the like. Whether this still
    > > applies today, I don't know (are active terminators better or worse than
    > > passive when it comes to this type of thing?)
    >
    > The term SCSI is depreciated as purely a physical layer. We talk SCSI over
    > many different physical layers (1394, usb, ata). Of course many of these
    > support hot plug natively.

    And can you please explain how I can attach this USB Zip drive to this
    50-wire SCSI bus please? Or would you prefer me to call it a bus?
    Something with 4 wheels maybe? Maybe we should depreciate the term "bus"
    as well just to remove that confusion. ;)

    Seriously though, you can't depreciate a term for referring to a type of
    bus without providing some other term to describe said bus.
    _____
    | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
    / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:31.508 seconds]