    On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

    > in userspace, but I think the old behaviour was more flexible (it was also
    > showing how much our dcache is powerful) and I still don't see why it's been
    > removed. Maybe it was to remove a branch from a fast path? (if so I don't
    > think it was a good idea, there are many more overhead things that matters more
    > and that aren't even visible to userspace)

    Racy. Nonportable. Has portable and simple equivalent. Again, don't
    bother with chdir at all - if you know the name of directory even
    ../name will work. It's not about the current directory. It's about
    the invalid last component of the name.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.018 / U:29.952 seconds]