    SubjectRe: 2.4.0 - sndstat not present
    Christoph Hellwig wrote:

    > In article <3A59CD57.6FA72934@videotron.ca> you wrote:
    > > i installed 2.4.0 last week and all worked well on my amd-K6-350
    > > i use a cheap sound card since 2.0.36 and it always worked well too.
    > > it work well now in 2.4.0, BUT , /dev/sndstat report me <no such file or
    > > directory>
    > > and /proc/sound (as noted in documentation) does not exist...
    >
    > Please read Documentation/sound/NEWS.
    > Where in the documentation is /proc/sound still noted?
    >
    > > the sound work well, but i cant verify the existence of the driver with
    > > sndstat anymore
    > >
    > > could someone tell me if i should have done some additionnal
    > > configuration to see
    > > appear the /proc/sound or to enable /dev/sndstat...
    >
    > No - it's simply gone.
    >
    > > maybe is it another method now in 2.4 to see the sound status...
    >
    > cat foo.au > /dev/audio
    >
    > > Best Wishes to all of you for the new year...
    >
    > Christoph
    >
    > --
    > Whip me. Beat me. Make me maintain AIX.
    > -

    the reference to sndstat and /proc/sound was found in

    drivers/sound/soundcard.c

    thanks for your lights on this topic...

    is there nothing i can use anymore to check existence of sound drivers
    in kernel...

    these informations were very valuables when i was configuring my cards
    for the first time... sometimes the driver loaded but do not appeared in
    sndstat
    then i was able to change my configuration according to what i see in
    sndstat...

    now i just guess and try to play something...

    hummmmm (((((

    Martin Laberge
    mlsoft@videotron.ca

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:60.064 seconds]