    On Sun, Jan 07, 2001 at 01:11:11AM -0700, Ben Greear wrote:
    > > Packet socket binding or SO_BINDTODEVICE will search the list, but it is unlikely
    > > that these paths are worth optimizing for.
    > The patch has been written, so even if it helps just a little more than it
    > hurts, it might be worth including. Of course, it may actually hurt more
    > than help.
    > I'd be very interested in lucid arguments as to why adding the patch would
    > actually be worse than not adding it, not just why I'm lame for considering
    > it *grin* :)

    It's like David said: it's not a very good idea to tune things that are not
    commonly used. If some user really realistically has some workload where the
    linear search is a bottleneck it can be considered. Currently it doesn't look
    like it.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:84.828 seconds]