       Date:   Sat, 6 Jan 2001 23:00:10 -0500 (EST)
    From: jamal <>

    I think someone should just flush ifconfig down some toilet. a wrapper
    around "ip" to to give the same look and feel as ifconfig would be a good
    thing so that some stupid program that depends on ifconfig look and feel
    would be a good start.

    I could not agree more. This reminds me to do something I could not
    justify before, making netlink be enabled in the kernel and

    I could almost, but not quite, justify it right now just because "ip"
    is becomming standard and needs it.

    Not to stray from the subject, Ben's effort is still needed. I think real
    numbers are useful instead of claims like it "displayed faster"

    See my previous email, if it's just slow because of some poorly coded
    version of ifconfig, it does not justify the patch. If only a
    forcefully created "benchmark" can show some performance problem, that
    is not an acceptable reason to champion this patch. Ok?

    David S. Miller

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.026 / U:10.944 seconds]