    SubjectRE: 2.4.1 -- Unresolved symbols in radio-miropcm20.o
    From: "Ruurd A. Reitsma" <R.A.Reitsma@wbmt.tudelft.nl>

    > >Miles Lane <miles@megapath.net> wrote:
    > >>depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
    > >>/lib/modules/2.4.1/kernel/drivers/media/radio/radio-miropcm20.o
    > >>depmod: aci_write_cmd
    > >>depmod: aci_indexed_cmd
    > >>depmod: aci_write_cmd_d

    > appearently Robert Siemer's patch didn't make it to the actual
    > kernel. He did change the config.in and made some changes to aci.c
    > to support his version of the firmware. He'll probably be happy to
    > maintain the driver since I threw out the pcm20 card.

    Many thanks, Ruurd, for mailing me, too! - I'm not reading
    linux-kernel completely and looked only for 'aci' is subjects...

    First, I've put up a new patch, so don't use this old one. Please read
    my post to linux-kernel:
    http://boudicca.tux.org/hypermail/linux-kernel/latest/0133.html

    Second, the described problem is solved: the functions don't exists
    anymore... (:

    Third, my patch still has the same problem. <-: As noted, try my
    patch only when aci and radio-pcm20 is selected as module.
    I will work on this issue.

    And I have a request to everyone owning a miroSOUND (or Cardinal
    Technologies) card:
    Please try my patch and send me the version line. Mine looks like:
    <ACI 0x07, id 6d/43 "m/C", (PCM20 radio)> at 0x344

    The patch has some enhancements over the original; read more in my
    first post:
    http://www.uwsg.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0009.2/0260.html

    The plans for the future are a well done support of the RDS functions
    for the "PCM20 radio" and maybe an ALSA driver. This would help me to
    support the equalizer in the "PCM20 radio" better.

    Thanks,
    Robert

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:16    [W:0.028 / U:88.848 seconds]