    SubjectRe: Multiplexing mouse input
    On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Dax Kelson wrote:

    > My laptop has a touchpad builtin with two buttons, I also have an external
    > PS2 and/or USB mouse (3 buttons with scroll wheel).
    >
    > I would like to be able to use the touchpad, and then plug in the mouse
    > (with either PS2 or USB connector) and use it without reconfiguring
    > anything.

    It's works on Toshiba's and some other varieties of laptop... typically
    there's a setting like "simultanious point ing device in the bios"

    > In fact, it would be cool if I could use both at the same time.

    you can in those cases... in others (some older cannon laptops I know for
    sure) connecting an external ps/2 device disables the internal...

    > Is this possible with the new "Input Drivers" in the 2.4 kernel? Is it
    > possible with Linux at all?
    >
    > As a comparison, at least two other OSes, Windows 2000 and NetBSD 1.5
    > multiplex mouse input and allow use of two (or more!) mice at the same
    > time.
    >
    > Dax Kelson
    >
    > NetBSD "wscons console driver" info:
    >
    > http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/wscons/
    >
    > -

    Joel Jaeggli joelja@darkwing.uoregon.edu
    Academic User Services consult@gladstone.uoregon.edu
    PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E