    SubjectRe: [RFC] prevention of syscalls from writable segments, breaking bug exploits
    On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, Dan Aloni wrote:

    > This preliminary, small patch prevents execution of system calls which
    > were executed from a writable segment. It was tested and seems to work,
    > without breaking anything. It also reports of such calls by using printk.

    Hum,

    Allow-me to give you this URL where you will be able to find a more
    complete patch to do the very same thing. I don't tell you this will work
    as you need but I think this is a good reason to abandon your project
    since this patch really do the same (and adds others security features to
    the kernel)

    Here: http://www.openwall.com/linux/

    Best regards.

    -- Nicolas Noble

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.021 / U:2.328 seconds]