    SubjectRe: Linux-2.4.1-pre11

    Hi Linus,
    Sorry to bother you. I'm trying to find where you uploaded
    linux-2.4.1-pre11.

    I was on ftp.kernel.org and ftp.us.kernel.org and could not find it in the
    /pub/linux/kernel/v2.4 or /pub/linux/kernel/v2.4/test-kernels/
    directories. Is it somewhere different?

    Also, Alan, I grabbed your patch-2.4.0-ac11.gz file from your directory on
    ftp.kernel.org. Does this contain the updated VIA IDE support that Linus
    was talking about in the 2.4.1-pre11?

    I'm thinking either kernel.org hasn't posted the 2.4.1-pre11 or I totally
    misunderstand the directory layout on kernel.org.

    A URL to the right patch or, preferably, full source for 2.4.1-pre11 would
    be great.

    Thanks,

    David D.W. Downey

    On Sun, 28 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > I just uploaded it to kernel.org, and I expect that I'll do the final
    > 2.4.1 tomorrow, before leaving for NY and LinuxWorld. Please test that the
    > pre-kernel works for you..
    >
    > The main noticeable things in pre11 are fixing some bugs that crept in
    > after 2.4.0 - the block device queuing improvements could lose wakeups
    > under extreme load by multiple clients, and the vmscanning "get rid of
    > special return codes for shared memory" thing had missed a bit.
    >
    > This should also fix the VIA IDE driver issues (if you want safe, do NOT
    > enable auto-dma), and the reported problems with hpt366 controllers and
    > IBM drives. Hopefully these were the last major IDE issues for a while.
    >
    > Also, can people who have had unhappy relationships with their eepro100
    > please try to cuddle and make up again? The eepro100 changes should fix
    > the problem of having posted writes that basically made some of the timing
    > not work out.
    >
    > Linus
    >
    > -----
    > pre11:
    > - Trond Myklebust: NFS/RPC client SMP fixes
    > - rth: alpha pyxis and cabriolet fixes
    > - remove broken sys_wait4() declarations
    > - disable radeon debugging code
    > - VIA IDE driver should not enable autodma unless asked for
    > - Andrey Savochkin: eepro100 update. Should fix the resource timing problems.
    > - Jeff Garzik: via82cxxx_audio update
    > - YMF7xx PCI audio update: get rid of old broken driver, make new
    > driver handle legacy control too.
    > - fix missed wakeup on block device request list
    > - hpt366 controller doesn't play nice with some IBM harddisks
    > - remove inode pages from the page cache only after having removed them
    > from the page tables.
    > - shared memory out-of-swap writepage() fixup (no more magic return)
    >
    > pre10:
    > - got a few too-new R128 #defines in the Radeon merge. Fix.
    > - tulip driver update from Jeff Garzik
    > - more cpq and DAC elevator fixes from Jens. Looks good.
    > - Petr Vandrovec: nicer ncpfs behaviour
    > - Andy Grover: APCI update
    > - Cort Dougan: PPC update
    > - David Miller: sparc updates
    > - David Miller: networking updates
    > - Neil Brown: RAID5 fixes
    >
    > pre9:
    > - cpq array driver elevator fixes
    > - merge radeon driver from X CVS tree
    > - ispnp cleanups
    > - emu10k unlock on error fixes
    > - hpfs doesn't allow truncate to larger
    >
    > pre8:
    > - Don't drop a megabyte off the old-style memory size detection
    > - remember to UnlockPage() in ramfs_writepage()
    > - 3c59x driver update from Andrew Morton
    > - egcs-1.1.2 miscompiles depca: workaround by Andrew Morton
    > - dmfe.c module init fix: Andrew Morton
    > - dynamic XMM support. Andrea Arkangeli.
    > - ReiserFS merge
    > - USB hotplug updates/fixes
    > - boots on real i386 machines
    > - blk-14 from Jens Axboe
    > - fix DRM R128/AGP dependency
> [...]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.028 / U:0.200 seconds]