SubjectRe: when is overriding idebus safe?
On Wed, 24 Jan 2001 wrote:

> The kernel always says:
> ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override with idebus=xx
> at boot time. How would I know if it's safe to say idebus=66? The
> documentation is fairly vague on this.

When the manual for your mainboard states that clock settings for setting
up your CPU creates a change in the normal idebus=33MHz of any other
value, then you are probablely safe. Since all 32-bit PCI busses run at
33MHz, as last thought and reported, it should not be needed to change.
If I recall the idebus=XX primary use was for VLB/ISA/EISA systems, but I
have been wrong before.

Andre Hedrick
Linux ATA Development