    SubjectRe: Page Attribute Table (PAT) support?
    ** Reply to message from Jeff Hartmann <jhartmann@valinux.com> on Wed, 24 Jan
    2001 11:45:43 -0700

    > I'm actually writing support for the PAT as we speak. I already have
    > working code for PAT setup. Just having a parameter for ioremap is not
    > enough, unfortunately. According to the Intel Architecture Software
    > Developer's Manual we have to remove all mappings of the page that are
    > cached. Only then can they be mapped with per page write combining. I
    > should have working code by the 2.5.x timeframe. I can also discuss the
    > planned interface if anyone is interested.

    I'm interested. Would it be possible to port this support to 2.2, or would
    that be too much work?

    --
    Timur Tabi - ttabi@interactivesi.com
    Interactive Silicon - http://www.interactivesi.com