    SubjectRe: Page Attribute Table (PAT) support?
    ** Reply to message from Jeff Hartmann <> on Wed, 24 Jan
    2001 11:45:43 -0700

    > I'm actually writing support for the PAT as we speak. I already have
    > working code for PAT setup. Just having a parameter for ioremap is not
    > enough, unfortunately. According to the Intel Architecture Software
    > Developer's Manual we have to remove all mappings of the page that are
    > cached. Only then can they be mapped with per page write combining. I
    > should have working code by the 2.5.x timeframe. I can also discuss the
    > planned interface if anyone is interested.

    I'm interested. Would it be possible to port this support to 2.2, or would
    that be too much work?

    Timur Tabi -
    Interactive Silicon -

    When replying to a mailing-list message, please direct the reply to the mailing list only. Don't send another copy to me.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.019 / U:5.892 seconds]