    SubjectRe: [linux-audio-dev] low-latency scheduling patch for 2.4.0
    >Let me just point out that Victor has his own commercial axe to grind in
    >his continual bad-mouthing of IRIX, the internals of which he knows
    >nothing about.

    1) do you actually disagree with victor ?

    2) victor is not the only person who has expressed this opinion. the
    most prolific irix critic seems to be larry mcvoy, who certainly
    claims to know quite a bit about the internals.

    this discussion has the hallmarks of turning into a personal
    bash-fest, which is really pointless. what is *not* pointless is a
    considered discussion about the merits of the IRIX "RT" approach over
    possible approaches that Linux might take which are dissimilar to the
    IRIX one. on the other hand, as Victor said, a large part of that
    discussion ultimately comes down to a design style rather than hard
    factual or logical reasoning.

    Paul Davis <pbd@op.net> Bala Cynwyd, PA, USA
    Linux Audio Systems 610-667-4807
    hybrid rather than pure; compromising rather than clean;
    distorted rather than straightforward; ambiguous rather than
    articulated; both-and rather than either-or; the difficult
    unity of inclusion rather than the easy unity of exclusion. Robert Venturi