    SubjectRe: Happy new year^H^H^H^Hkernel..
    Sorry for that stupid mistake.
    The patches to the isdn part do not make a difference to the kernel hang
    that i experienced lately.
    When i reversed the patch for the mentioned files i checked the kernel
    configuration and noticed that the "diversion services for isdn" where
    on, a feature that i cannot use at the moment with my carrier.
    I switched them off before i compiled the new kernel.
    This is what makes the difference.
    Kernel 2.4.0-test13-pre4 was the previous one that I used (with
    diversion services on, i am a fan of make oldconfig) and that did not
    show the problem (as all of the previous kernels, test9, test10, test12).

    I have reversed the patches part by part, the only thing that makes a
    difference is the diversion services.
    The reason for this remains unknown for me.

    I use a fritz pnp/isa card, driver compiled as a module.
    No SMP, isdn in kernel.
    Close to nothing running during the hangup.

    The problem is reproducable and i would be glad to help testing any

    Gerold Jury wrote:

    > The ISDN changes for the HISAX drivers
    > that came in since test12 have introduced a bug that causes a
    > AIEE-something and a complete kernel hang when i hangup the isdn line.
    > I have reversed the patch for all occurences of INIT_LIST_HEAD in the
    > isdn patch part and it works for me now.
    > The relevant part is attached. Please back it out for 2.4.0.
    > Happy new year
    > Gerold Jury

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.040 / U:15.276 seconds]