    SubjectRe: qlogicfc.c hard lockups in 2.4.0
    More data:

    I changed QLOGICFC_REQ_QUEUE_LEN from 127 to 255, and
    the lockup hasn't happened again yet, in circumstances
    that fairly reliably reproduced it before. (Could
    just mean I have to hit it harder.)

    BUT: I am still getting those "no handle slots, this
    should not happen" messages. (Especially when I play
    with nicing my dd down to -20, although that may be
    cheating...) These seem to match with noticeable
    stalls in the drive array light blinkiness, where
    about every 2 seconds there's a visible pause in the
    whole array. If I do a read that's short enough to
    NOT cause one of these stalls, I get 178
    megabytes/second throughput (which is about up towards
    the theoretical limit of the two qlogic fiber channel
    cards and the ten drives per card).

    With the stalls, it gets dragged down into the 150
    megabyte per second range. That's right on the border
    of causing dropped capturing from the hdtv card, and
    stalls playing to it. (I forget exactly what I need,
    something like 157 megabytes/second... Bigger is
    better, of course...)

    According to top, at least one CPU is pegged during
    all this, by the way. dd uses 99.9% of available cpu
    time, with bdflush taking another 32% or so (on the
    other cpu, one assumes. :) Guess: lots of copying of
    the zero page to fill up dd's buffers? I'm trying to
    do an i/o bound test, may have to write my own it
    seems. Oh well, no biggie... (The real applicatino
    for this is dma into and out of a mondo ring buffer,
    not particularly cpu intensive at all, you'd think...)

    Fun fun fun... Sun's coming up in an hour, I should
    probably get some sleep.

    Rob