SubjectRe: Linux not adhering to BIOS Drive boot order?
Matti Aarnio wrote:
> 2.4.0 with devfs mounted at boot time into /dev/

Or /proc/partitions, which - according to the mount(8) man page - has
been around since 2.1.116. So we're not exactly talking crazy upgrade
paths here.

> This new style (which contains, hopefully, physical PCI location)
> mount device paths will failry easily handle question about which
> is where... And the partitions are PHYSICAL partition numbers,

Hmm, without PCI locations, you still need to know how the system
determines which interface becomes host0. Also, PCI locations
probably aren't the most user-friendly way for identifying things ;-)

But for the occasional problem case where label or uuid don't work,
any such information is, of course, valuable.

- Werner