    SubjectRE: Linux not adhering to BIOS Drive boot order?
    Date
    > From a layering point of view, it makes a lot more sense to
    > me for the label (or signature or whatever) for this purpose
    > to be in the partition table than inside the filesystem. The
    > parts of the system that assign devices their identities already
    > know about that part of the disk.
    [Venkatesh Ramamurthy] The LILO boot loader and the LILO command
    line utility should be changed for this. There are some issues when we have
    different set of labels names for file system and partition table. The LILO
    command line utility should make use of the disk labels of the file system
    and use this for creating the partition disk label name. This is something
    like assigning a label for kernel in lilo.conf. Is anybody doing this?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.018 / U:93.100 seconds]