    On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > yep, correct. But take a look at the trick it does with file descriptors,
    > i believe it could be a useful way of doing things. It basically
    > privatizes a struct file, without inserting it into the enumerated file
    > descriptors. This shows that 'native files' are possible: file struct
    > without file descriptor integers mapped to them.

    That's nothing new: the exec() code does exactly the same.

    In fact, there's a function for it: filp_open() and filp_close(). Which do
    a better job of it than your private implementation did, I suspect.

    I don't think your object fingerprints are anything more generic than the
    current file descriptors.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:14    [W:0.019 / U:36.208 seconds]