    SubjectRe: Linux not adhering to BIOS Drive boot order?
    From

    [Michael Meissner]
    > Ummm, I just reread the 2.4 Changes file once again just to be sure,
    > and it did not cover this issue. So how the *$@% are people supposed
    > to "read some docs" to know about this, if the docs don't mention the
    > information. I know people have been complaining about this change
    > since at least the fall time frame.

    SCSI host probe order has never been guaranteed, afaik -- this is not
    new to 2.4. If you have multiple host adapters, you really need to use
    the command line to say which is which, as always. If you don't, you
    will be bitten eventually.

    "Eventually" in this case meant 2.2->2.4, perhaps, but that doesn't
    make it an item for Documentation/Changes. Or is this not what you
    were talking about?

    Peter

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.019 / U:90.152 seconds]