    SubjectLinux 2.4.0-ac9
     I have a problem here with loopback-mounted filesystem freezing. The
    process writing to the filesystem (ext2) gets stuck in uninterruptible
    state with WCHAN showing "lock_p" which I believe to be lock_page.

    First time I noticed this, the system froze shortly afterwards but I
    do not know if this is related (because on another occasion the system
    has been fine apart from this wedged process).

    Underlying system is also ext2 if that makes any difference.

    Machine is AMD K6-III 400, kernel patched also with the DRM code from
    XFree86 CVS but otherwise untouched, compiler (possible suspect) is
    "(gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.0))" from gcc-2.96-69.

    However the "vanishing (PS/2) mouse and keyboard" problem seems to be
    cured with this release (he says ;·).

    I also had a problem occasionally with -ac8 printing something like
    "Undead swap entry" repeatedly during shutdown recently, not sure if
    that's gone yet.

    /* Bill Crawford, Unix Systems Developer, ebOne, formerly GTS Netcom */
    #include "stddiscl.h"

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.040 / U:4.080 seconds]