SubjectRe: ide.2.4.1-p3.01112001.patch
On 12 Jan 2001, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> In short, let's leave it out of a stable kernel for now, and add
> blacklisting of auto-DMA. Alan has a list. We can play around with
> trying to _fix_ DMA on the VIA chipsets in 2.5.x (and possibly backport
> the thing once it has been sufficiently battletested that people believe
> it truly will work).

Please can we also stop HPT366 from attempting UDMA66 on the IBM DTLA
drives, while we're at it? I don't care if it's done by blacklisting the
DTLA drives, as was done by the patch I resent numerous times, or if it's
done the other way round by putting known-compatible drives (include
"FUJITSU MPE3136AT") into a whitelist. But it needs doing.

--
dwmw2