    SubjectRe: ide.2.4.1-p3.01112001.patch

    On Fri, 12 Jan 2001, Andre Hedrick wrote:
    > It works perfectly and exactly as it is defined to work by the rules.
    > Getting the rules correct == 'the concept of "working"'.

    Don't be silly.

    You're entirely ignoring the concept of hardware bugs. Which is one very
    likely reason for this whole discussion in the first place.

    ANYBODY who does driver development without taking the real world into
    account is a dangerous person. Stacks of papers, diagrams and rules are
    absolutely WORTHLESS if you can't just understand the fact that
    documentation is nothing more than a guide-line.

    Once you realize that documentation should be laughed at, peed upon, put
    on fire, and just ridiculed in general, THEN, and only then, have you
    reached the level where you can safely read it and try to use it to
    actually implement a driver.

    I'm continually amazed and absolutely scared silly by your blind trust in
    paperwork, whether it be standards or committees or vendor documentation.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:22    [W:0.036 / U:1.988 seconds]