SubjectRe: Subtle MM bug
Date
Eric W. Biederman writes:
> Hmm. I would think that increasing the logical page size in the kernel
> would be the trivial way to handle virtual aliases. (i.e.) with a large
> enough page size you can't actually have a virtual alias.

There are types of caches out there that no matter how large the page size,
you will always have alias issues. These are ones where the cache lines
are indexed independent of virtual address (and therefore can have funny
cache line replacement algorithms).

And yes, you guessed which processor has it. ;)

(Sorry the CC list got trimmed, elm ate some of it. I'm sure most of the
people who where on it were on lkml anyway)
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\