    SubjectRe: Subtle MM bug
    Date
    Eric W. Biederman writes:
    > Hmm. I would think that increasing the logical page size in the kernel
    > would be the trivial way to handle virtual aliases. (i.e.) with a large
    > enough page size you can't actually have a virtual alias.

    There are types of caches out there that no matter how large the page size,
    you will always have alias issues. These are ones where the cache lines
    are indexed independent of virtual address (and therefore can have funny
    cache line replacement algorithms).

    And yes, you guessed which processor has it. ;)

    (Sorry the CC list got trimmed, elm ate some of it. I'm sure most of the
    people who where on it were on lkml anyway)
    _____
    | | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
    / | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.022 / U:0.680 seconds]