SubjectRe: Strange umount problem in latest 2.4.0 kernels
"Udo A. Steinberg" wrote:

> The very strange stuff is umount at reboot:
>
> umount: none busy - remounted read-only
> umount: /: device is busy
> Remounting root-filesystem read-only
> mount: / is busy
> Rebooting.

I just noticed another strange effect:

ps uxa misses a couple dozen processes. Effectively I'm seeing
only the kernel processes, all gettys, rpc.portmap, bash and ps.
All other processes, all daemons etc. are invisible. If I kill
portmap another process becomes visible.

I've checked a couple of other machines, different setups etc.
all with -ac6 and all show this behavior - also the umount stuff.

-Udo.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans