    SubjectRe: FS callback routines
    Daniel Phillips wrote:
    > DN_OPEN A file in the directory was opened
    >
    > You open the top level directory and register for events. When somebody
    > opens a subdirectory of the top level directory, you receive
    > notification and register for events on the subdirectory, and so on,
    > down to the file that is actually modified.

    If it worked, and I'm not sure the timing would be reliable enough, the
    daemon would only have to have open every directory being accessed by
    every program in the system. Hmm. Seems like overkill when you're only
    interested in files that are being modified.

    It would be much, much more reliable to do a walk over d_parent in
    dnotify.c. Your idea is a nice way to flag kernel dentries such that
    you don't do d_parent walks unnecessarily.

    -- Jamie

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.042 / U:0.224 seconds]