SubjectRe: Availability of kdb

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000 lamont@icopyright.com wrote:

> scale in the end. We'll either see forking, see another OS like FreeBSD
> fill the void, or (worst case) Solaris.

Somehow I doubt that arguments from marketshare/field circus/etc. peppered
with threats of coprorat world turning to Solaris, etc. will win you much
love from FreeBSD core team. I _really_ doubt that they will make any
effect on the development decisions. You see, these guys are bastards
too - comes with the territory. So are NetBSD and OpenBSD folks - try to
speak to Theo that way and you will realize that Linus _is_ a nice guy,
after all.

Could we please avoid bringing the moldy corpse of UniForum on l-k? Let
it rot in purgatory, where it belongs. There are valid arguments for and
against kernel dubuggers, but Wall Street and viability of someone's
business models have nothing to them.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.106 / U:0.684 seconds]