SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS forLinux

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

> [...] so it takes me longer to ponder and digest things -- [...]

i'll quote a few 'digesting' comments of you:

- about the Linux networking code:

" [...] what a mess indeed. "

- about Linux itself:

" The lack of a Kernel Debugger and other basic kernel level facilities on
Linux make TRG's job about 20 times harder on Linux and take almost 10
times as long as is possible on NT, NetWare [...] "

- about people who argue that kernel debuggers are not necesserily
the panacea:

" They seem focused on keeping us in the dark ages. We need tools to
make it faster and easier for folks to perform kernel development
and make field support of Linux easier. "

" A kernel debugger will reduce development costs. No one cares what's
underneath, they just care about getting their stuff out the door and
reducing the $$$ to support it. This whole argument is one of control
and not of technical merit. "

i have trouble recognizing this as a digesting process ;-)

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.170 / U:1.016 seconds]