    SubjectRe: Availability of kdb
    On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:

    > How do you tell a customer who is giving you money to "be careful" when
    > their system crashes and the field service rep hasn't a clue as to
    > what's wrong? I've been supporting computer customers for over 20
    > years, and this is not an answer that will give them warm and fuzzy
    > feelings about using your solution if you have no way of solving
    > problems quickly.

    so you add kdb to the kernel you ship to customers, teach your reps
    how to use it.. and hey presto.

    linus et al are happy cause the standard kernel is pure.

    you're happy cause your field reps in the event of a crash can tell
    you "this exact bit here was fubar'ed." whereupon you may apply the
    Ingo/Al/Linus/David patented MKDB method.

    Paul Jakma
    PGP5 key:
    panic: can't find /

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:41    [W:0.022 / U:3.868 seconds]