    On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Alexander Viro wrote:

    > Add "and that broken code gets fixed in utterly bogus ways 20 versions
    > down the road, when nobody remembers WTF had happened". Repeat several
    > times (and rarely-used parts _will_ accumulate such crap) and you've got
    > Lovecraftian beasts lurking in the tree.

    "Lovecraftian beasts". I like it.

    To some degree that also ends up showing that not many people seem to care
    about that particular beast. In the end, it might be phased out
    altogether - something that _has_ happened, exactly for these kinds of
    reasons.

    Who still remembers xiafs? We have 33 different filesystems in the kernel
    tree - something that is quite impressive, and something that I don't
    think anybody else has ever tried to support. But we could have had 34..

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:88.520 seconds]