SubjectRe: zero-copy TCP
> > True the i960 based one I didn't think of, however Intel never
> > provided docs for it.
>
> ??? I find this surprising. Email stu.goosen@intel.com and ask him if
> they will give them to you. I'm sure they would for Linux.

I've spent over 2 years trying to extract eepro100 server docs out of Intel
and failed. I've been refused info on how to detect the problematic 820/840
boards with the memory translation hub - which means we now flush many intel
chipset related bug reports into the 'cannot trust hardware' bucket. Intel
have also consistently refused to document the MSR's that allow you to read
the CPU intended speed and the bus clock that would allow us to flag and
note overclocked CPU's on the /proc/cpuinfo and help bug reporting.

Intel document what they feel like documenting, on their own agenda for their
own purposes.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.252 / U:0.172 seconds]