SubjectRe: GPL violations: make it harder
Date
Followup to:  <Pine.LNX.4.10.10009041355230.19131-100000@master.linux-ide.org>
By author: Andre Hedrick <andre@linux-ide.org>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

> > I have been following it in this list for longer - you cut the thing you are
> > sitting on when telling people who say "I saw GNU licence violation"
> > to not to bother or turn to other organization...
>
> There was no "GNU licence violation", because there is no GNU licence in a
> patch.

Then it's actually not licensed to anyone, and is thus illegal to use
by anyone (unless you say otherwise, of course.) You don't have to
put the © symbol into something for it to be copyrighted (although a
legal copyright notice, meaning "©", "Copyright", or "Copr", the year,
and the owner -- see the "Copyright" header of this message -- is
recommended.)

-hpa
http://www.zytor.com/~hpa/puzzle.txt