    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for
    > IMO there was only one historically hard spinlock-related problem that
    > needed solving, this is the 'locks up hard' problem (which is solved). The
    > rest was never really an debugging obstacle, 99% of the spinlock related
    > bugs manifest themselves in clear, unambiguous lockups.

    Then why are we still finding obscure lock ordering bugs in 2.2 ? Finding them
    when they bite you is easy, finding the obscure ones when they dont generally
    bite is much harder - thats where debugging kernels that trap and dump
    lock lists for order violations are a big win

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.019 / U:90.228 seconds]