Subject[Danger] Re: test8-pre4: innd fixed?
On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:09:43PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
> >
> > Is this file corruption 'thing' specific to innd or is it the same
> > problem reported with corrupt mailboxes with pre2 and high disk
> > activity?
>
> The mailbox corruption thread is at least partly due to a pine bug that is
> triggered by a bugtraq posting.
>
> The truncate issue is unrelated to that, but may certainly show up on
> mailboxes too.

There is something definitely now even more broken with test8pre4.

I just upgraded to test8pre4 from test7 and was reading this and some
other emails with mutt. Upon quiting mutt, mutt reported that there was
some sort of error while attempting to write the folder. My folder now
looks like this:

<1073152 bytes of the start of original folder>
<67045376 bytes of NULL (0x00)>
<51704 bytes of the end of the original folder>

Obviously, the folder was in need of some pruning to begin with, but this
pruned a bit more than I would have liked.

I'm not exactly sure how this happened, but it definitely didn't happen
before with test7.

Simon-

[ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communications Inc. ]
[ sim@stormix.com ][ sim@netnation.com ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.084 / U:0.124 seconds]