SubjectRe: Bottom Handles/soft irqs/timer interrupts/SMP .....

>> > 2nd Question: Is there a sane way to queue an operation to be done in
>> > each specific CPU?
>> smp_call_function().

anton> The slab code was using smp_call_function until davem fixed it.

anton> On sparc blocking interrupts does not block the reception of cpu cross
anton> calls, so you cannot do anything like grab locks within a called function.

I have just dono a (2nd version of the patch). This version
uses smp_call_function, but don't grab any lock inside. I
sent the version to the list. It is also at:

Could you test if it is now safe in SMP Sparc also???? (/me has no
SMP Sparc's around nor knoledge about them :(
Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy