    SubjectRe: Bottom Handles/soft irqs/timer interrupts/SMP .....

    >> > 2nd Question: Is there a sane way to queue an operation to be done in
    >> > each specific CPU?
    >> smp_call_function().

    anton> The slab code was using smp_call_function until davem fixed it.

    anton> On sparc blocking interrupts does not block the reception of cpu cross
    anton> calls, so you cannot do anything like grab locks within a called function.

    I have just dono a (2nd version of the patch). This version
    uses smp_call_function, but don't grab any lock inside. I
    sent the version to the list. It is also at:

    Could you test if it is now safe in SMP Sparc also???? (/me has no
    SMP Sparc's around nor knoledge about them :(

    Later, Juan.

    are different -- Larry McVoy

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.021 / U:1.512 seconds]