    SubjectRe: 2T for i386 OT
    Sorry for the OT,

    but I'm really interested on the subject.

    >>>You might be able to do that with hardware IDE raid controllers and
    >>> the like such as the 3ware 8 port cards, or scsi raid controllers and
    then run
    >>> ext3 or reiserfs.
    > >
    > > If you're building a 2TB array, you're not gonna do it with bloody IDE
    > > hardware. (I hope you're joking.)
    > I used to think that. Im planning on deploying a 1Tb IDE raid using 3ware
    > kit for an ftp site very soon. Its very cheap and its very fast. UDMA
    > one disk per channel and the controller doing some of the work.
    > All it lacks is hot swap.

    I also planned a thing like that for some more modest servers
    (only some ten GB), the question is with wich filesystem?
    For my needs I think that also ext2 can do the job, but I'm looking
    for advice for something better and at now I don't think
    that ext3 could be the answer.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.020 / U:84.332 seconds]