    SubjectRe: What is up with Redhat 7.0?

    I got a copy from Bob Young at the Red Hat booth at N+I, and the GNOME
    stuff is tons better than 6.X RedHat, however, the upgrade feature
    trashed our Red Hat server, and there seems to be some problems with
    sendmail as well. I will have Larry send to Alan.

    The GNOME desktop with 7.0 is sexy indeed!

    Jeff

    "David M. Rector" wrote:

    > Has anyone tried Redhat 7.0 yet? What a mess.
    >
    > 1) It would not compile stock kernels out of the box. (ends at
    > compress.S) with a fatal error.
    >
    > 2) Trying to compile the kernel source for 2.2.16 that comes with the
    > redhat disk (which is very different than the stock 2.2.16) causes my
    > system come to a screeching halt, no messages, no errors, crashed solid.
    >
    > I have a Supermicro PIIIDME motherboard with a GeForce2 graphics card,
    > adaptec 2940UW scsi and seagate UW 9 gig scsi drive.
    >
    > Dave Rector
    > *:^)
    >
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.026 / U:90.600 seconds]