    SubjectRe: Linux kernel modules development in C++

    Timur> ** Reply to message from Horst von Brand
    Timur> <vonbrand@inf.utfsm.cl> on Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:50:12 -0400

    >> A couple of points:
    >>
    >> - The kernel is C, mixing in C++ for no *real* good reason is just
    >> making it harder to work on.

    Timur> True, but I'm not advocating doing it for no real reason. I'm
    Timur> advocating using C++ for code that is OO by design. My OS/2
    Timur> device drivers are a mix of C and C++, wherever appropriate.

    The Linux kernel is written in Object Oriented C, you don't need to
    use C++ for that and if it really comes down to it you'd want a proper
    OO language in the first place.

    Jes

    PS: Will you please fix your broken mail client to stop chewing away
    the in-reply-to header and stop it from adding that stupid
    'unlisted-recipients' line that doesn't belong there.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.067 / U:0.312 seconds]