    SubjectRE: Russell King forks ARM Linux.u
    Date
    Hello Alan;

    > I can see where his confusion arises, but yes you are right,
    > people need to be
    > able to mix the 16x50 driver with the sa1100 driver. The ppc
    > people went through
    > fixing this.

    Yes you should be able to mix 16x50 chips with sa1100 chips. That is not the
    issue. I believe that people can place any mixture of IC's on a PCB.

    > HPA can I suggest the description for major 4 minor 64+ is
    > amended to be clear
    > that its the 16x50 driver.

    That may help others but it is still not the issue.

    > The proper way to manage ramdisks like that is to open each
    > possible set of
    > ports and find which one fits your need - or of course you
    > can use devfs which
    > for an embedded setup with flash based root may in fact be a
    > very attractive
    > solution for other reasons too

    We have thought of the above solutions and I believe that Erik Mouw has a
    one line fix that will make everybody happy about the serial port. IMHO, the
    current problem is that Russell gets too angry to talk about this issue. I
    believe that no problem can be solved with a flame war going on. That is why
    I decide to stop speaking with him about the serial port issue. He then
    decided to block the e-mails. So here we are.

    Best Regards,

    --George

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.021 / U:30.144 seconds]