    SubjectRe: (Fwd) CD-ROM (SCSI and IDE) not mounting disk
    On Sat, Sep 23 2000, Glenn C. Hofmann wrote:
    > As of the more recent kernels (2.4.0-test8,7,6 for sure) both my IDE and
    > SCSI CD-ROM drives will not mount a disk. They fail and tell me that
    > there is no disk in the drive. I booted into an old 2.0.36 kernel just
    > to make sure it wasn't a strange hardware failure and the CD mounted fine.
    > I have attached my .config and dmesg, which shows that the drives are
    > recognised. If there is any further information that I can give, I would
    > be happy to. Thanks in advance for any help.

    Could you try and isolate the kernel that breaks this? It sounds very
    odd that both your ATAPI and SCSI drive is affected. Also, could you
    try and mount a drive with debugging enabled in the uniform cd layer?

    echo "1" > /proc/sys/dev/cdrom/debug

    --
    * Jens Axboe <axboe@suse.de>
    * SuSE Labs