    SubjectRe: [2.4.0-test9-pre5] SCSI still broken, trident/mixer still broken
    Torben Mathiasen wrote:
    > On Thu, Sep 21 2000, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
    > [deleted]
    > > It is not clear to me what "hacking" sg requires as
    > > Torben Mathiasen suggested in his response. This seems
    > > like a mid level problem. I'll check with my scsi
    > > scanner this evening.
    > >
    > Well first of all the sg driver needs to be updated the
    > same way sd and sr was.

    Well looking at sr in test9-pre5 the only changes are the
    addition of 'static' before the sr_template definition
    and various functions. Sg already has the corresponding
    functions declared static and the sg_template definition
    has been changed to 'static'.

    So as far as I can see the mid level has failed to call
    sg_detect() when it should have. Simon has now confirmed
    with a printk that sg_detect() was not called for the
    scanner which the mid level obviously knows about.

    Doug Gilbert

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.019 / U:4.828 seconds]