SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Withdrawl of Open Source NDS Project/NTFS/M2FS for Linux

Jes Sorensen wrote:

> Yeah I bet NT also has a wonderful graphical click click wush wush
> environment for it that allows you to spend all your time `improving'
> your rsi instead of getting real work done. Have you ever looked at NT
> device driver code? I have, it's not pretty at all so I can understand
> why you need all these tools.

The kernel debugger in NT is text based and runs remotely only. It's
very powerful and has facilties built in for debugging nested page
faults and structured exceptions, SMP deadlocks, conditional
breakpoints, and tons of other stuff not in Linux. Since Linux doesn't
even support structured exception handling, it's not even a fair
comparison between the two.

Jeff

> Jes

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.332 / U:13.004 seconds]