SubjectRe: IrDA and PCMCIA
"Micha³ 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz"  <Michal.Nazarewicz@SayDK.Co.UK> writes:

> Salve,
> That's me again :-) It looks like that I am the only person with
> Dell Latitude CPt using Linux 2.4 or nobody before wrote here -- as I
> can't find a solution to my problems via the web.
> The next problems are:
>
> 1. When I boot up, kernel finishes booting with equally 50% chance. I
> mean, that half of the times I power my system on, it hangs and the second
> half -- it works. It's a bit strange. Take a look:
> When it loads, some of linux kernel output is like this:
> Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.11
> Yenta IRQ list 0698, PCI irq11
>
> When it hangs, however, it displays only:
> Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.11
>
> Without the next line. I don't know what's wrong on my side --
> kernel 2.2.16 worked just fine... There is a possibility, that I'll check
> later, 'cause it can be my modification to get_random_bytes that just
> returns with exit code 1 instead of writing anything to the text console.

i have exactly the same problem if i reboot (also on a dell latitude).
if i shutdown the computer and then start again it boots just fine.
this is happening only under 2.4.0-test8-pre1. the other pre kernels
were fine. also running 2.2.18pre2 i can't suspend any more (but
that's another problem).

--alex--

--
| I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
| advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with |