    SubjectRe: IrDA and PCMCIA
    "Micha³ 'CeFeK' Nazarewicz"  <Michal.Nazarewicz@SayDK.Co.UK> writes:

    > Salve,
    > That's me again :-) It looks like that I am the only person with
    > Dell Latitude CPt using Linux 2.4 or nobody before wrote here -- as I
    > can't find a solution to my problems via the web.
    > The next problems are:
    >
    > 1. When I boot up, kernel finishes booting with equally 50% chance. I
    > mean, that half of the times I power my system on, it hangs and the second
    > half -- it works. It's a bit strange. Take a look:
    > When it loads, some of linux kernel output is like this:
    > Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.11
    > Yenta IRQ list 0698, PCI irq11
    >
    > When it hangs, however, it displays only:
    > Linux PCMCIA Card Services 3.1.11
    >
    > Without the next line. I don't know what's wrong on my side --
    > kernel 2.2.16 worked just fine... There is a possibility, that I'll check
    > later, 'cause it can be my modification to get_random_bytes that just
    > returns with exit code 1 instead of writing anything to the text console.

    i have exactly the same problem if i reboot (also on a dell latitude).
    if i shutdown the computer and then start again it boots just fine.
    this is happening only under 2.4.0-test8-pre1. the other pre kernels
    were fine. also running 2.2.18pre2 i can't suspend any more (but
    that's another problem).

    --alex--

    --
    | I believe the moment is at hand when, by a paranoiac and active |
    | advance of the mind, it will be possible (simultaneously with |