    SubjectRe: thread rant
    > This is all just curiosity.  I've considered trying some thread
    > programming, but if it is as stupid as it sounds, I'd rather
    > learn the "right" way of writing code that would ordinarily be
    > done with threads, etc.. Right now, I'm using fork() all over
    > the place and don't much care how much waste it is... I'd like
    > to though.

    The single thing people forget most is that threads are expensive. Sure use
    one for rendering one for computation, but dont use one per socket on a
    web server.

    If you think of threading as fork() that shares more then you'll probably be
    making sensible use of threading.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:4.036 / U:0.488 seconds]