    SubjectRe: Q: sock output serialization

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Henner Eisen wrote:

    > Yes, a) that would make life much simpler for driver writers (but more
    > difficult for you ;). If it is doable without adding overhead to the
    > general path, it would be nice to provide that semantics to HW_FLOWCONTROLed
    > devices.

    There would be a minute overhead. But i guess let me release the patch
    first then we can continue this part of the conversation.

    > However, even with a), after being HW-flow-controlled and setting rx_busy
    > condition, there could still arrive some more packets until the send window
    > is full. They either need to be discarded at once or queued somewhere else.
    > If we donŽt want to discard them, you need to accept packets up
    > to the window size from a device after it has been HW flow conrolled.

    Hmm.. More complexity ;->
    Does X.25 mandate you accept all the window? Can you stop mid-window and
    claim there is congestion? (maybe time to dust off some books).

    cheers,
    jamal