    SubjectRe: Update Linux 2.4 Status/TODO list
    On Sep 14, Alexander Viro <viro@math.psu.edu> wrote:

    >> - the whole active file is now 100% identical to the saved copy
    >Ugh... How about relevant subset of strace?
    I tried doing that for Andrea but I think it's not useful, active is
    mmapped and strace shows nothing interesting.

    >> Right now it happened after the daily expire run: I stopped INN and the
    >> file on disk changed to the copy I saved before expire started.
    >Wait a minute. I don't believe in on-disk file being restored by magic,
    >but I could believe in page(s) being never written to disk and giving the
    >impression of "update that doesn't stick". You have a file shorter than
    Sure, this is what I meant.
    But what about the mtime which does not get updated?

    >BTW, how does test8+patch to block_truncate_page() behave?
    I missed it, do you still have the patch?

    >And what is the block size on your fs?
    Filesystem revision #: 1 (dynamic)
    Filesystem features: filetype sparse_super
    Block size: 4096

    --
    ciao,
    Marco