    SubjectRe: The case for a standard kernel debugger
    On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Frederic Magniette wrote:

    > In that way, I think that a kernel debugger could be a powerful coding
    > tool and not only a patching tool as you say.

    I don't have enough background to judge on the merits of a kernel
    debugger. I simply trust Linus' feelings on the matter.
    I don't agree with his arguments on (in)natural selection of rabbits
    (ops, kernel developers, I mean).

    BTW, a kernel debugger *is* available. And maybe even a more powerful
    one will be if Jeff decides to port and publicly release it. Many people
    already use kdb, I think, so why don't you just do the same?

    / / / Marco Colombo
    ___/ ___ / / Technical Manager
    / / / ESI s.r.l.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.038 / U:2.824 seconds]