    SubjectRe: Proposal: Linux Kernel Patch Management System
    Alexander Viro writes:

    > Sigh... You know, some stuff is security-sensitive. Dunno about
    > other folks, but in such situations I prefer to send the patches OOB
    > to relevant maintainers. And they often go through several rewrites
    > before they go into the tree. Having descriptions of _all_ pending
    > patches in publicly accessible place may become an interesting
    > problem.

    We could add a "security" or "private" flag that would do the right
    thing. I haven't asked Linus about how he wants security-sensitive
    stuff handled (OOB or with the kernel-patch system but not public).

    In terms of rewrites, that's why there is an "obsoletes" tag.

    - Dan

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:38    [W:0.024 / U:0.056 seconds]